Hair dyeing is a modern makeup technique, some younger people, like to dye their hair in various colors, which can show their individuality and add points to their image. However, many people believe that hair dyeing is a dangerous behavior, and long-term hair dyeing is carcinogenic. So, is this true?
The hair dyes that most people use are chemical hair dyes, which are a combination of various chemical ingredients, such as phenylenediamine. Among permanent hair dyes, the content of phenylenediamine is up to 7.5%, and in semi-permanent hair dyes, the content of phenylenediamine reaches 5.5%. And even the so-called pure natural hair dye, the content of phenylenediamine has reached 0.5%.
Phenylenediamine is a colorant that must be used in hair dyes, but it is also an internationally recognized carcinogen. Once it enters the human body, it is almost difficult to be excreted, and it will always remain in various organs of the body. If you dye your hair for a long time, it will lead to too many carcinogens in the organs, and the probability of developing cancer will increase. In particular, the incidence of breast cancer, uterine cancer, bladder cancer, and brain cancer will increase.
So, how often is it safe to dye your hair?
From the point of view of health and safety, it is safest not to dye your hair. But for people who have to dye their hair because of work requirements or other factors, it is best to dye their hair once a year, and no more than twice at most.
What are the dangers of dyeing your hair frequently?
1. Damages hair and aggravates hair loss. Frequent dyeing hair can damage your hair, leaving it dry, frizzy, yellow, and looking dull. Frequent dyeing may also aggravate hair loss. If you don’t want to wake up in the morning and comb your hair to fall out, dye your hair in moderation.
2. Skin allergies. Frequently dyeing your hair can also give you a skin condition, commonly known as contact dermatitis. The main ingredient in hair dyeing is p-phenylenediamine, which is a strong allergen, which can cause skin allergies in people with sensitive constitutions after hair dyeing.
3. Damage the liver. Some hair dyes will add heavy metals, such as lead, mercury, arsenic, etc., these heavy metals will enter the body through the scalp, and when the heavy metals in the body accumulate to a certain extent, it may damage your liver.
What to eat to detox when you often dye your hair
1. Barley. Barley water can detoxify. You can cook the barley directly, add rock sugar to taste and let it cool before eating, or use barley to make pork bone soup or porridge, which is also OK.
2. Oatmeal. After the oatmeal is cooked, add sugar and eat it directly, or eat it with a little raisin and apple slices, which are nutritious and detoxifying.
3. Sweet potatoes. The roasted sweet potatoes on the roadside stalls have an attractive aroma. You can usually buy a few and eat them. Sweet potatoes also have a detoxification effect. If you are free on weekends, you can boil some sweet potato syrup to drink.
4. Nuts. Brazil nuts are the best source of selenium, the most important mineral for scalp health. Walnuts are also good, walnuts are rich in alpha-linolenic acid, omega 3 fatty acids to help improve your hair.
5. Salmon. Salmon is rich in nutritional value. It contains omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin B12, and iron. Among them, omega 3 fatty acids can nourish hair, improve fragile hair, and make your hair stronger!