Many friends who are new to moxibustion hope to see the results soon. Every time we ask others how quickly does moxibustion work, we are always said that you only need to persist, depending on your physical condition, depending on your moxibustion time... I'm tired of hearing my ears.
When some moxibustion friends started moxibustion, they still had some effects and had obvious disease elimination reactions. However, after moxibustion for a period of time, they did not feel any changes, the condition did not seem to improve further, and their hearts began to feel lost.
In fact, no matter how professional a doctor is, there is really no way to accurately tell you that your disease will be cured in a few days. However, by understanding your own condition and the following knowledge, you can roughly estimate when your illness will get better.
Let's talk in detail about the time of moxibustion treatment
1. Mild disease: 1-3 months can have obvious effect. Such as gastritis, pelvic inflammatory disease, etc., but it is not interrupted after getting better, and it needs persistence to get rid of it completely.
2. Chronic or severe disease: Long-term moxibustion plan should be made. It takes at least 3 months, and it may be half a year or even longer.
Ever used to treat a child with chronic rhinitis and moxibustion for 9 months before the condition was controlled and no recurrence occurred. Let me talk about a real case around me: A relative in my family has been suffering from chronic stomach problems, poor intestines, and weight loss. After a month of moxibustion, the effect was not obvious, but felt that stool was better than before, so he never stopped. After moxibustion for about 4 months, her spirit and energy are obviously better. After weighing, he actually weighed almost 5 catties. You know her dream is to gain weight.
Of course, long-term moxibustion does not require moxibustion every day. It can be moxibustion once time 1 or 2 days. You can also stop moxibustion for 2-3 days for 1-2 days.
3. For acute diseases, such as diarrhea and acute colds, if the symptoms disappear, they can usually be cured in a short time. For example, every time I get a cold and have a fever, I moxibustion the Yingxiang acupoints on both sides of my nose for 20 minutes. After the first moxibustion, my sneezing is reduced, and after three moxibustion, I almost healed.
(However, it should be noted that if it is a serious and harmful acute or sudden illness, it is still recommended to seek medical attention immediately!)
4. Moxibustion for improving physique or adjusting the whole body is more effective for long-term persistence, especially for people with poor congenital physique. This kind of moxibustion will have obvious effects in about a year. Moxibustion once or twice a week, choose major health care points, such as Zusanli, Dazhui, Shenque, etc., moxibustion for 15 minutes at each acupoint.
What disease is easy to treat and which disease is difficult to treat
1. The disease is easy to treat in the shallow layer; the disease is difficult to treat in the deep layer
From the skin, muscles, bone marrow, the more inward, the more difficult it is to treat. The disease is in the shallow layer, and the moxa heat and medicinal power of gentle moxibustion are easy to reach, and the disease will naturally heal quickly.
2. The disease is easy to treat in the meridians; the disease is difficult to treat in the internal organs
If the meridians are blocked, just dredge the meridians. The six fu-organs (bladder, stomach, gallbladder, large intestine, small intestine, San Jiao) are of course more difficult to treat. No matter how righteous qi is, it will take more time for the disease to reach the five internal organs (heart, liver, spleen, lung, and kidney).
3. Diseases with unchanged shape are easy to treat; diseases with changed shape are difficult to treat
What does it mean that the shape has changed? Such as tumors, endometriosis, gastric ulcers, etc. Don't expect moxibustion to get better if you have a tumor.
4. The illness is shorter and easier to treat; the longer the illness, the more difficult it is to treat
The longer the illness, the deeper and deeper the illness, and the more difficult it will be to treat.
What changes after a period of moxibustion?
One week after moxibustion...
At the beginning of moxibustion, the effect will not show up very much. You may get angry, drowsy, energetic or insomnia. This is a transitional period, and righteousness Qi is gradually being injected into your body.
Moxibustion a month later...
Your viscera functions will start to become stronger, the meridians will become smoother, and your mental state will also improve.
After moxibustion for one year or more...
You will find that you have rarely been to the hospital this year, and the illness you wanted to use moxibustion to cure at the beginning is almost healed, but now you can't live without moxibustion, because it makes your spirits better and better.
How long does moxibustion usually take?
Moxibustion at an acupoint for 5 to 30 minutes is a routine situation. The total time for a moxibustion is generally 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Core point: based on your body feelings!
I did it for 2 hours today, I think it's good, and I'll continue to do it a few days later... If it gets a little bit hot one day, just rest for 2 days, if it still gets hot, then reduce the time...! Reduce it to 80 minutes. Okay, then set 80 minutes as the daily moxibustion time.
Which points should lengthen the moxibustion time
1. Look at the sense of moxibustion:
If an acupuncture point produces a significant moxibustion sensation, the moxibustion time of this acupoint should be extended as much as possible, or even based on it. (Moxibustion sensation: such as ants crawling, heat conduction, diffusion, itching, pain (not the pain of moxibustion and fire too close to roasting), and even some mottling, red lines on the skin surface, etc.)
2. The main acupoint time should be long: the main acupoint time is often allocated too much
3. Long time for waist and abdomen, short for limbs.
Except when the acupoints on the extremities are used as the main points or have a good sense of moxibustion.